Nothing else to lose. Well sort of.

What inspired me to create this blog was one: an outlet to express my frustrations of being an overworked, underpaid and chlorinated.... Second: In hopes that if this does pick up momentum it is to foster ideas for communities and swim schools on how they can  contribute to very needed empowerment of their valuable swim instructors.

I have many incidents that were embarrassing, emotionally tormenting and well...very unnecessary. While  upper staff and disgruntled parents run around in circles in dismay of why they are always understaffed. It's ok. I know how it is like to be busy, therefore I hope from my first hand experience of what very simple things could be done differently.

This summer is proving my theory (once again) right. Using a professional and client exchange website that is an upgrade from some of our traditional "classified" medium. For what I have to offer I still have barley any competition and of course during the summer  quote requests are consistently ringing in. It then saddens me that I myself can not respond to that many adult novice swimmers wish of making it this summer as the beginning of their new confident swimmer self.

The socio-culture norm of the swim instructor position being more so reserved for the suburban teenagers summer job  has an immense factor. I jokingly tell many that the contributors to the "demand" in silicon valley did not fly all across the world to become swim instructors.
YET due to the time/ lifestyle commitment to aid and empower swimmers (especially adult first timer) on mastering this crucial life saving skill should bring in the same if not more income then a most of the new out of blue careers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ego Weego